On Friday, 05/04/2007 at 03:18 AST, David Boyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> PVM might be an answer. It had both SNA and scripting capabilities, and
its a
> pretty decent session manager.

PVM comes with an SNA session manager (PVMG).   The LU name you have
associated with VSCS could be moved to PVMG.  Instead of seeing a VM logo
the user now sees the PVMG-driven node selection screen.  Anything
reachable by PVM is fair game.  It doesn't use telnet, but it does support
TCP/IP connections to other PVM nodes, so that means licensing PVM on each
of your VM systems.

> If you had to roll your own, the IBM CCL code does have API libraries
for some
> SNA functions, or you could probably easily add SNA function to YVETTE.

Not CCL.  IBM Communications Server for Linux (CSL) has SNA APIs.  Easily
add SNA function to YVETTE?  I thought it was a CMS app.  (I haven't
looked at it in years.)