Alan,

I see the confusion.
We have Multsess installed on MVS. That allows us to connect to all our MVS
and VM from 1 terminal. Users who have to work on VM have the same logon as
in MVS. Logon this way is made through CDRS. SO when a user press say 1 on
MVS his logon & password is propagated through SNA/VSCS, so he never sees
the logo screen. He sees a line 'LOGON userid password'. It's here 'my pgm'
takes the hand to make the password invisible when this line appears on the
screen. Then just after the profile exec executes itself.
I would upgrade to zVM530 on July and I would not be locked if this pgm
doesn't work anymore.

I joined the pgm as an attachement. It is BIN FIX 1024 and should be COPY
(unpa after all.

Alain