On 5/7/07, Paul Raulerson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Well - Linux works now, and can talk to all the CP services. Linux also
comes with Rexx (Regina), XEdit (THE Editor from Tim Hessling), and pipes
that are roughly equivalent to CMS Pipelines. Named pipes and message queues
and such are all available and under Linux and Solaris, very heavily used.

We're told Linux was so much more suitable because of the tools
available and was so much more intuitive to the new generation of
systems people. I fail to see what problem we solve by writing system
automation using Regina and THE because it will not be easier to
maintain or enhance for people used to Perl.

Compared to CMS Pipelines, UNIX pipes are a leaky garden hose. In a
CMS Pipelines introduction class, people are already beyond the
capabilities of UNIX pipes by the time of the first coffee break. Your
suggestion that it's roughly equivalent suggest to me you never
bothered to look at CMS Pipelines.

Rob