I have a directory entry VMTEST for a second level VM. (z/vm v5r1)
I am trying to put a Linux guest on second level.  I have DEDICATE
statements for the dasd it needs but second level does not "see" this
dasd:

HCPLNM108E VMTEST 163C not linked; volid LX163C not mounted
HCPLNM108E VMTEST 165F not linked; volid LX165F not mounted

I've tried putting a MDISK statement for these in VMTEST directory
entry and I've tried adding them to the User_Volume_List on second
level.  Neither has seemed to resolve the problem.

On second level, if I 'q dasd' I don't see these volumes.  However, if
I do  'q 163c' I get this:
q 163c
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 08:34:02
DASD 163C LX163C

So, my question is:  What is the correct way to "define" dasd so that
second level VM can see it and Linux can "own" it?

Anne D. Crabtree
System Programmer
WV Dept of Administration - OT
304-558-5914 ext 8885