From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Anne Crabtree
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 8:40 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: DASD second level

I have a directory entry VMTEST for a second level VM. (z/vm v5r1) I am
trying to put a Linux guest on second level.  I have DEDICATE statements
for the dasd it needs but second level does not "see" this
dasd:

HCPLNM108E VMTEST 163C not linked; volid LX163C not mounted HCPLNM108E
VMTEST 165F not linked; volid LX165F not mounted

I've tried putting a MDISK statement for these in VMTEST directory entry
and I've tried adding them to the User_Volume_List on second level.
Neither has seemed to resolve the problem.

On second level, if I 'q dasd' I don't see these volumes.  However, if I
do  'q 163c' I get this:
q 163c
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 08:34:02
DASD 163C LX163C

So, my question is:  What is the correct way to "define" dasd so that
second level VM can see it and Linux can "own" it?

Anne D. Crabtree
System Programmer
WV Dept of Administration - OT
304-558-5914 ext 8885