Yes, that is the stuff. IBM sends us TERSEd files and we have to DETERSE
them. On that better system that has to send more dumps to IBM there is t
he
TRSMAIN program to help reduce the bandwidth for dump transfer. But I thi
nk
it would violate multiple IBM legalese documents for us to reverse engine
er
that program into a VM usable module or pipe stage.

I can understand that some code MUST be kept secret, but if it is good
enough for one system, why isn't it good enough for the other systems (Do
es
VSE have a TERSE program for its dumps?)?

/Tom Kern
/301-903-2211

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:49:36 -0500, Sebastian Welton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wr
ote: