Yep, I've shot my self in the foot with CLASS A sufficiently enough in the
'80s, that I don't have feet left.

Since that time, I've trained myself that when ever I'm doing a "bad" command,
to verify, twice, where I am and what I'm doing.  That's why class a is OK for
me.

Little things like I very seldom use the "force" command.  I logon to the
guest, verify it is the one I want to knock off, and then issue a logoff
command.

Same for shutdown (which system am I on?).

And my biggie is formatting drives.

After doing the diskmap and verify the disk or minidisk I want,
For minidisks:
Link the drive as 800
q v 800 (to see if it is the right size)
q link 800 (to see if someone else has it linked)
access 800 z (see if it is a labeled drive and the right one)
then I do the format (and I only format vaddr=800 drives.

For full drives.
attach the drive as 800
q v 800 (to see if it is the right size)
access 800 z (to see if it is already labeled)
ickdsf fn ft fm (again I only init/format vaddr=800 drives)

And to keep things even more confusing:

I use 520RES for LPAR 0.
521RES for LPAR 1
522RES for LPAR 2

For the rest of the volumes:
VM* is for LPAR 0 (old convention)
L1cua is for LPAR 1
L2cua is for LPAR 2

Makes it easy to vary and attach volumes in the system config file.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

>>> David Boyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 8/22/2007 3:12 PM >>>
> USER VMTEST xxxxxx  64M 64M    ABG

Eek! 1st level class A privs for a test id? That'll last as long as it
takes for you to type CP SHUTDOWN to the wrong level of CP...8-)

BG or BCEG should be more than sufficient, and there are very good
arguments to make test ids like this class G only and do anything
privileged (ATTACH, DETACH, etc) from another id or DEDICATEs in the CP
directory entry.

-- db