We have SHUTDOWN command in a privilege class of its own and only one ops
userid has that class. That user has a SHUTDOWN EXEC on its A disk. Not to
prevent the shutdown but to actually do it. It first checks that it's being
run from that particular user and then asks a are-you-shure-type question.
That pretty much eliminates the possibility of an accidental shutdown of the
first level. I mean, you can still add that shutdown-only privilege class to
your user and and then have an "oops!" moment, but then it's not an
_accident_. It's not a death wish either. It's an intention to kill.