From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 10:02 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Ops privs (was Re: MAINTENANCE)

On Thursday, 08/23/2007 at 12:31 EDT, David Boyes
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > Actually we never gave our ops class-C  ... only sysprogs got that.
>
> The only reason for C would be to enable SET PRIV, which would let us
> take away all the other privs in the default setup.

You don't need class C to manage your own privileges.

Also, the new COMMAND statement in the directory makes it easy to do
things that were previously a PITA.  E.g. you no longer need to give a
user class A just so they can SET SHARE when they logon.

In the case of SET PRIV:

USER ALAN BDEFG
:
COMMAND SET PRIVCLASS * =G