From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Kris Buelens
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 1:10 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Ops privs

I know why they're all called BOB: to drive z/OS, you can't drink ;-)

About 10 years ago an action was organized in Belgium to avoid drunk
drivers: people driving to a party should select a BOB, the guy that
wouldn't drink alcohol and drive the company home.  I don't know who
selected BOB as name, but it was a success, and since then everyone here
know who BOB is.  I heard that a similar action was since then
undertaken in other countries, but with another name than BOB.

2007/8/27, Adam Thornton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I have no idea.  z/OS sysprog attendance at z/VM and Linux sessions at
> conferences continues to grow.  My in-box is getting more notes
> that start
> "Hi.  My name is Bob and I'm a z/OS syprog."  ["HI, BOB."]

I wonder why they're all named Bob.  That's sort of weird.

Adam

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support