From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Dave Jones
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 1:41 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Ops privs

A completely uneducated guess would be > 50%, and perhaps as high as
90%. Shops that are already comfortable with the IBM mainframe 'mindset'

are much more willing, imho, to consider migrating workload to z/VM and
Linux than organizations that have no previous mainframe experience.

Schuh, Richard wrote:
> Out of curiosity, what percentages of the new licenses are for shops
> that fit the category "z/OS shops who bring in Linux and z/VM"?
>
> Regards,
> Richard Schuh

On
> Behalf Of Alan Altmark
> Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 12:32 PM
> To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
> Subject: Re: Ops privs
>
> On Sunday, 08/26/2007 at 10:18 EDT, David Boyes
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--
DJ
V/Soft