The way I have done this, (for CMS anyway), is to copy a specific file to

the Y-Disk at DR.  In my documentation for DR, I stated that if it was a

DR test, then I would copy "DRTEST FILE" to the Y-Disk.  If it was
a "real" DR, then I would copy "DRPROD FILE" to the Y-Disk.  The files ca
contain anything, (my "DRTEST FILE" had "This is a Disaster Recovery
Test!!!" in it and my "DRPROD FILE" had "This is a Real Disaster!!!" in

it.  :-)> )  Then I would resave the appropriate CMS NSS systems, (of
course).  This allowed us to have code in REXX execs that could test for

the existence of one on the files and take different paths based on the

result.  For example:

'ESTATE DRTEST FILE Y'
drtest = (rc = 0)
'ESTATE DRPROD FILE Y'
drprod = (rc = 0)
Select /* DR */
   When drtest Then ...
   When drprod Then ...
Otherwise
End /* Select DR */

or there might be something that we would run only in production and neve
at DR:

If drtest | drprod Then
Else

Since we restored our production VM system via HiDRO, if we didn't do
something like this, then some things would run that we didn't want to ru
at a DR test, (for example, we normally run DB2/VM logical archives every

night, during a DR test we don't want to run them).  We also used this

technique to start up our security manager, (Top Secret/VM), in warn mode

to allow testing without the ESM getting in the way, (but still logging

access problems).  This was approved by management, of course.

--
Dale R. Smith

"Gosh that takes me back... or is it forward?  That's the trouble with
time travel, you never can tell."
- Doctor Who