We have two FLEX-ES systems on opposite ends of the campus.

The DR system does not have as many tape drives as the production
system.  The production system has a drive at 0591 but the DR system
does not.

In the AUTOLOG1 DIRECT I have    DEDICATE 0591 0591

When AUTOLOG1 starts up it does a   CP Q V 0591   and if it doesn't
exist I know I am on the DR machine.

AUOTLOG1 also has write access to TCPMAINTs 198 disk.  If I am not
on the production machine then an EXEC on AUTOLOG1 changes the IP
address in PROFILE TCPIP, DETACHES 198 and then AUTOLOGs TCPIP.

If 0591 exists I know I am on the production machine so I just DETACH
it and continue with the production startup.

/Fran Hensler at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA for 44 years
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]         +1.724.738.2153
        "Yes, Virginia, there is a Slippery Rock"