It wasn't all that long ago, 5-6 years that they moved our air traffic
control system off s/360 hardware.

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Rob van der Heij
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2007 4:30 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: hacking vm/cms (probably old news)

On 10/8/07, Marty Zimelis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    "Old news?"  You really ought to read  this stuff before forwarding
links to it.  In the very first paragraph  (after the intro), they show a
line-mode log on to VM/370 and make reference to  43xx and 30xx processors.
This material is 30+ years  old.

Brings back memories... ;-)   But I had to giggle even more today when
I raid that the Dutch Railways are now planning for 2009 to move their
traffic management system away from VAX/VMS.

Rob

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed VSE-List messages and set aside
VM-List for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  http://www.ellaforspam.com