> I suppose we should knuckle down and define a new eHG (e-holy grail)
that
> is a function of CPU speed, disk access time, bus latency, memory
latency,
> number of peripherals, wind direction, amount of local disk storage,
> number of tape drives, power consumption (kwh), mean age of
programmers
> who wrote the code you're running, and the number of cubic meters it
all
> occupies based on cabinet dimensions, the air-speed of an unladen
> *African* swallow (in April, of course), and total length of cables.

Only if you agree to permanently get rid of that annoying series of ads
featuring that idiot Gil at the same time.

Those ads provide a new meaning to the word "retardant" -- advertising
so stupid that they actually harm the advertiser's product reputation
and sales.

Personally, I'm considering making up "Kill Gil" t-shirts. There's
probably a business model in this somewhere.

Grumpily yours,

-- db