Size doesn't matter, but people like to talk about it.

I suppose we should knuckle down and define a new eHG (e-holy grail) that
is a function of CPU speed, disk access time, bus latency, memory latency,
number of peripherals, wind direction, amount of local disk storage,
number of tape drives, power consumption (kwh), mean age of programmers
who wrote the code you're running, and the number of cubic meters it all
occupies based on cabinet dimensions, the air-speed of an unladen
*African* swallow (in April, of course), and total length of cables.

Is this called a benchmark?

Richard Corak