On 11/1/07, Hamilton, Brian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The size of the file grows quickly, it about 1 hour the file consumes 90
> cyls….

You're right. Raw data files are huge. One option is to make the
interval larger, but this also very much limits the detail you can see
in your real time data. If you don't care about I/O performance, you
could disable that domain and save some more. You probably have
already disabled seeks and scheduler data.

An alternative product I know of uses a condensed format for
performance data to save disk space, disk I/O and processing time.
Just checked: and on a pretty serious system we need < 10 cyls per
hour. This includes Linux process data of a few systems, and a lot of
devices. The data is still with 1 minute granularity to do analysis
and reporting.

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij