On Wednesday, 11/07/2007 at 09:54 EST, Gregg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Would anyone have an example, or direction on communicating with
Hardware
:
> I am looking at the SNMP Agent DPI (with my C for Dummies...)  Another
> option (with a steep learning curve for me) Linux snIPL tools.

The DPI will not help you as it is a server-side API.  That is, it allows
you to handle GETs and SETs issued by a remote SNMP client.  There is no
SNMP client-side API on CMS.  Technically there is, but it is via an
undocumented IUCV interface to SNMPQE (the SNMP Query Engine) that is used
by NetView. :-(

(And by "undocumented" I mean "there isn't a shred of documentation
anywhere I can find".)