On: Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 03:50:43PM -0500,Jim Bohnsack Wrote:

} I'm still having problems with NEEDPASS.  I have every id that acts as
} an admin to the directory or as a system support person listed as
} authorized for every DIRMAINT command in AUTHFOR CONTROL.  I don't see
} Kris's connection in his posting re: the 1x0CMDS file.  The
} authorization level required for each command is included in the AUTHFOR
} file for each user.  I tried just editing the DVHOPT entry for an id
} that was included in AUTHFOR and changing the record to specify NPW0.
} Even after restarting DIRMAINT on that test system, I had to still enter
} the DIRM NEEDPASS NO on that id to be able to do a DIRM FOR  /userid / GET.

Jim, You seem to be missing one thing.  Being listed in AUTHFOR CONTROL
enables you to issue certain commands.  Doing DIRM NEEDPASS NO says that
when I do Dirmaint commands I am at a physically secure terminal so you
don't have to ask for a password to verify its really me.

Two seperate things.  As far as the NPW0 goes, is it zero for NO or is
it one for NO?  I don't have a VM system available to check, but after
doing DIRM NEEDPASS NO, then look at your directory entry and see what
Dirmaint added,  Then add the same thing to the other entries.  After
doing so, you MAY have to run the dirm function that recalculates the
hash for each entry.  I don't recall what that command is.

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67