Ron--I'd be happy to do that if it worked. I tried, however, from my id that DIRMAINT accepted, and issued the command DIRM FOR MAINT NEEDPASS NO and nothing happened. I would think that it should work, but that does not do the job.
Jim

Ron Schmiedge wrote:
Jim,

Couldn't you use the "big hammer" approach and update the needpass
value for all your user admin people from someone who can, like MAINT?
A list of the users combined with enough EXEC DIRMAINT commands in one
exec, run it and go on to something else?

I recall having to do that for a different option that changed changed
its default value between DIRMAINT on VM/ESA and DIRMAINT on z/VM 4.4.

Ron