Won't DIRMAINT BATCH do what you want fairly easily?

Using XEDIT, create a file of "DIRM FOR xxxxxxxx NEEDPASS NO" commands for
those users with this requirement (or nicety) and execute a "DIRM BATCH fn
ft fm" command from MAINT.

Ron Schmiedge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@listserv.uark.edu>
11/09/2007 04:23 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@listserv.uark.edu>

IBMVM@listserv.uark.edu
cc

Subject
Re: dirm needpass no

Jim,

Couldn't you use the "big hammer" approach and update the needpass
value for all your user admin people from someone who can, like MAINT?
A list of the users combined with enough EXEC DIRMAINT commands in one
exec, run it and go on to something else?

I recall having to do that for a different option that changed changed
its default value between DIRMAINT on VM/ESA and DIRMAINT on z/VM 4.4.

Ron

On 11/9/07, Jim Bohnsack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm still having problems with NEEDPASS.  I have every id that acts as
> an admin to the directory or as a system support person listed as
> authorized for every DIRMAINT command in AUTHFOR CONTROL.  I don't see
> Kris's connection in his posting re: the 1x0CMDS file.  The
> authorization level required for each command is included in the AUTHFOR
> file for each user.  I tried just editing the DVHOPT entry for an id
> that was included in AUTHFOR and changing the record to specify NPW0.
> Even after restarting DIRMAINT on that test system, I had to still enter
> the DIRM NEEDPASS NO on that id to be able to do a DIRM FOR  /userid /
GET.