The silence here probably means the audience is not familiar with "COBOL
program where the field is 9(7).9(7)".  Anyhow, I don't underdstand.
I can say however that in your specs you have two things that are not
required, hence pure overhead:  "PAD BLANK" is default  and when padding is
with blanks, there is no need to code things like "/  / 105" (unless the
data you placed previously could have placed something else in column 105 &
106).

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support