From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Kris Buelens
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 4:53 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: CMS Pipelins - can SPEC reformat a field with decimal

The silence here probably means the audience is not familiar with "COBOL
program where the field is 9(7).9(7)".  Anyhow, I don't underdstand.
I can say however that in your specs you have two things that are not
required, hence pure overhead:  "PAD BLANK" is default  and when padding
is with blanks, there is no need to code things like "/  / 105" (unless
the data you placed previously could have placed something else in
column 105 & 106).