From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 10:31 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: FTP Append (Update)

On Thursday, 11/29/2007 at 07:09 EST, "Schuh, Richard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

wrote:
> I would love to. Where is it hidden? I have looked in the console log
> ond the FTPSERVE LOG file. Unfortunatelt, the former, which contains
> timestamps due to the ability to set them on in CP, has no error
> messages, while the latter has no timestamps and very little, if any,
in
> the way of information that ties any given message to a specific
> incident.

If you want a good log of who does what when, use the FTP server audit
exit to record/display details.   You could combine it with the general
command exit to look for STOR and APPE commands.  At least you could
narrow down the place & time.

> In the 30,000 line FTPSERVS LOG, there are only 10 unique messages as
> follows:
>
> Foreign host aborted the connection
> Foreign host did not respond within OPEN timeout
> No such connection
> Foreign host rejected the open attempt
> Foreign host is no longer responding
> TCP/IP service is being shut down
> Destination network is unreachable
> Foreign host disagreed on security or precedence
> OK
> Software error in TCP/IP!

None of those are interesting in this context except to see their
timestamps in relation to the audit records above.