Hello Richard Schuh,

        This is a PUT and then APPEND to a PC based system, correct?

        And it use to work but now you are having a problem with just
this one.

        If I have summary correct, then I would have to say that someone
at the PC end has change security settings to allow read and write but
not UPDATE.

        I know we have had this problem on UNIX based systems when the
UNIX Administrator was reviewing his system and decide it was too open.

Ed Martin
Aultman Health Foundation
330-588-4723
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ext. 40441
On
> Behalf Of Schuh, Richard
> Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 6:46 PM
> To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
> Subject: Re: FTP Append (Update)
>
> I would love to. Where is it hidden? I have looked in the console log
> ond the FTPSERVE LOG file. Unfortunatelt, the former, which contains
> timestamps due to the ability to set them on in CP, has no error
> messages, while the latter has no timestamps and very little, if any,
in
> the way of information that ties any given message to a specific
> incident.
>
> In the 30,000 line FTPSERVS LOG, there are only 10 unique messages as
> follows:
>
>       Foreign host aborted the connection
>       Foreign host did not respond within OPEN timeout
>       No such connection
>       Foreign host rejected the open attempt
>       Foreign host is no longer responding
>       TCP/IP service is being shut down
>       Destination network is unreachable
>       Foreign host disagreed on security or precedence
>       OK
>       Software error in TCP/IP!
>
> The last message in the above list occurred only once on 12 July 2006
> (at least it included a timestamp), so we can eliminate it from
> consideration. Which of the other messages raises a flag? More
> precisely, which of the others would have caused the file that already
> existed in SFS to be corrupted? (My favorite is the "OK". It reminds
me
> of Unix back in 1979 - the most frequent error message was a question
> mark, and it was displayed for any number of errors.)
>

> Regards,
> Richard Schuh

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>