Given the amount of time that filelist has been available, wouldn't it be
more prudent to be requesting the features you feel are lacking in filelist,
rather than trying to keep an old sagging horse alive?

Obviously, flist is still maintained, since it was changed in the current
release. But it would seem that it is being changed without much regard for
the user community. I agree that very few useful commands can be entered in
seven characters. It doesn't even meet the file name size of eight.
Actually, running flist here shows nine characters in the field.

The statement was made that browse is required... Can the browse command not
be used from filelist? I tried it, and it appears to work. My filelist
doesn't have PF10 assigned to anything, and it's the vanilla filelist, so,
why not put browse there? Or worst case, rearrange the keys to suit your
needs, adding browse in the process? Or, change PF2 to browse, to match
flist, and forgo the Refresh Pfkey? The other flist Pfkeys displayed were
fairly (completely?) cryptic, and it's been way (waaaaaay) too long since
I'd used it in any serious capacity.

Seriously... It's time to let go of flist and move into the '80s.

--
   .~.    Robert P. Nix             Mayo Foundation
   /V\    RO-OE-5-55                200 First Street SW