I just looked and none of these APARs are listed in the upgrade/setup.

I have just installed DFSMS VM 221 on z/VM 5.3

The "ADDSERV" says this is at ESO0702, and the VMFINO only list apars from 1993.

Do I need these APARs for 5.3.

10  00/08/15 VM62522  UM29738  0008     HIPER DFSMS MOVE IN CSE CLUSTER
 9. 99/04/15 VM62133  UM29280  9903     THE FSMRMVST MODULE, FIRSTE
 8. 99/04/15 VM62089  UM29248  9903     SEVERAL PROBLEMS WITHIN THE
 7  98/07/31 VM61781  UM28993  9807     HIPER VGS FSMRMVGS TERRIBLE
 6. 96/10/21 VM60753  UM28457  9709     DFSMS PART HANDLER FSMBDMLD
 5  95/01/20 VM59034  UM26933  9501     MSFSMBAC2006E RSN3740
 4  94/03/28 VM57835  UM25767  9404     MINIDISK MOVE PROCESSING IN
 3  94/03/18 VM57630  UM25767  9404     MSFSMZCG3039E DFSMS NOT
 2  93/07/22 VM55830  UM24457  9404     ENHANCEMENTS TO RMS FUNCTION
 1. 93/03/29 VM55497  UM24117  9404     HIPER ML1 FILES ERASED WHEN

End of Upgrade DFSMSVM221 , Subset SMS221 , as of 2006/07/04.

Rate this page
Please take a moment to complete this form to help us better serve you.
This material provides me with the information I need.

The language of this material is easy to understand.

Did the information help you to achieve your goal?
Please provide us with comments to help improve this page:
Your response will be used to improve our document content. Requests for assistance, if applicable, should be submitted through your normal support channel as we cannot respond from this site.
Input the verification number to submit feedback:
Document information
 Product categories:
  Software
  Operating System
  z/OS family
 IBM Group:
  IBM Server Group
 Modified date:
  2005-01-05

Translate My Page
  Select language Return to English Brazilian Portuguese French German Italian Japanese Korean Spanish Simplified Chinese Traditional Chinese

Rate this page

Help us improve this page. Your response will be used to improve our document content. Requests for assistance, if applicable, should be submitted through your normal support channel as we cannot respond from this site.

"Les Geer (607-429-3580)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

12/12/2007 01:28 PM EST

Please respond to The IBM z/VM Operating System

"IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

cc

bcc

Subject

Re: DFSMSRM Errors in RMSMASTR

>    That would be scratch0 I believe. I've been trying some stuff this
>morning after reading your note. I disassociated the drive from the
>scratch pool and when I re-started the RMSMASTR machine, there were no
>sense errors. I was able to manually mount a tape which was volspecific.
>After re-associating the drive to the scratch0 pool, I once again got
>the errors on initialization of RMSMASTR.
>
>Which APAR(s) should I be applying to bring DFSMS/VM current?

The APARs which allow RMS to issue a query device without attaching
the device are VM64062 and VM64206 for RMS, and VM64157 for CP.

However, none of this service in my belief will help solve the
I/O errors you are receiving.  If you associate a device with a
particular scratch pool, and there are volumes in this pool, the
I/O error seems strange.  You should ask the CE about this.  Of course
they will point to the software.  So if you obtain a trsource trace of
the I/O error we can tell you exactly what I/O is failing and what the
error is.

Best Regards,
Les Geer
IBM z/VM and Linux Development

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by
others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or
authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply
email and delete all copies of this message. To reply to our email
administrator directly, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]