My MVS counterpart, 20+ years ago, would ask me to run with a piece of equipment on VM if it was suspect on MVS because, at that time MVS error recovery was so much better than VM's that it was harder to tell if there was a hardware error on something connected to MVS. It would just recover, but VM would let you know, sometimes with a CP abend.
Jim

Huegel, Thomas wrote:

------_=_NextPart_001_01C83CF7.6333BE72

Those errors sound like something I once had. The errors were inconsistant
and somewhat random. I spent weeks writing error recovery routines for my
program and was pretty much at my witts end. Then I switched the cable to a
different card and PRESTO the errors went to the z/OS LPAR.. Maybe not your
problem, but if you have a spare cable and can try switching them it may be
worth the effort.
--
Jim Bohnsack
Cornell University