De: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] En nombre
de Alan Altmark
Enviado el: martes, 08 de enero de 2008 19:02
Para: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Asunto: Re: z/VM 5.2 Absurd System shutdown - PJBR

On Tuesday, 01/08/2008 at 11:54 EST, David Boyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> The cyl 0 vs 1 discussion is just a safety measure; CP is usually
> smart enough not to shoot itself in the head by paging onto the volume
> label & allocation bitmap that tells it where it paged stuff...8-)

The paging subsystem will page to cyl 0, but it knows to avoid the label and
tracks that have "other CP administrative data" on them.  In the interest of
avoiding problems, however, don't ALLOCATE cyl 0 as anything other than
PERM.  It's just not worth the risk.

"Cylinder zero is PERM and belongs to CP."  I tell you three times.