Hi, I just wanted to chime in and confirm that CP will indeed mark a page

(or spool) record for which a write attempt failed as allocated and
"permanently in use", so after it's failed (after a few retries), CP will

never attempt to write to or read from it again for the life of the IPL.

- Bill Holder, z/VM Development, IBM

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 14:03:33 +0100, Rob van der Heij <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> w
rote: