I just happen to have that book on the shelf as well as it's companion, also written by Mike if I remember correctly. I have an old exec that Mike wrote or at least my modification of it. I don't know if it ever make it to the public domain. The original was called QD EXEC. It did a calculation among other things, which I have never been able to understand, that would announce that Mike's birthday was sometime in January, I think. I had always been intending to put a note out on the list telling everyone when that was so everyone could join in on a Happy Birthday or whatever. Now, however, I may not be working with a VM system next January since I am planning on retiring sometime this year. I'd be happy to send my version of it, QDJAB, which just has some code inserted in it to remind me of my next trip to see my family or whatever. I'm afraid that I've lost the original QD EXEC.

Jim

Chip Davis wrote:
March 20, 1979. And that "double-secret" list is hidden in "The Rexx Language: a Practical Approach to Programming" by M.F. Cowlishaw, as well as every other Rexx manual/text on the planet. :-)

-Chip-

--
Jim Bohnsack
Cornell University