Gee, I have a copy of that exec, with a 1983 date on it.  The
reference to MFC's birthday is a comment in my version:

/* if m d=2*2*2 3*3*3 then do; say "It's Mike Cowlishaw's Birthday!"
say;end */

The comment at the top says:
/* Type/push today's date and moon phase in English */
I still run it every day as part of my PROFILE EXEC:
qd

It's Thursday the 6th of March, 2008.

There will be a new moon tomorrow.

Ready;

--
Bruce Hayden
Linux on System z Advanced Technical Support