That's it, but how do you decode "if m d=2*2*2 3*3*3 then do;" ? I understand that in January m is 1 meaning true, and MFC's birthday must be the 8th but what does 3*3*3 do to the if statement? And is that the same as saying if m & d=2*2*2 & 3*3*3? As I said, mine is named QDJAB because I modified it when I was counting down the days to my IBM retirement and didn't want to mess up the original, which I then lost.

Jim

Bruce Hayden wrote:
Gee, I have a copy of that exec, with a 1983 date on it.  The
reference to MFC's birthday is a comment in my version:

/* if m d=2*2*2 3*3*3 then do; say "It's Mike Cowlishaw's Birthday!"
say;end */

The comment at the top says:
/* Type/push today's date and moon phase in English */
I still run it every day as part of my PROFILE EXEC:
qd

It's Thursday the 6th of March, 2008.

There will be a new moon tomorrow.

Ready;