On Thursday, 03/06/2008 at 03:36 EST, Kris Buelens
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The VM console logs contain this information.  You not only need the
logon
> times but also logoff, it is the logoff requirement that made my
customer could
> not use RACF's SMF records and we had to revert to scanning the console
logs.
> Our code starts with console logs created by CA's VM:Operator and
creates
> SMF-like records that are sent to z/OS.  If you like, I can send you
that code
> as starting point, you need to understand CMS Pipelines to find it
useful.

This is how unsubstantiated rumors get started.  :-) You can use
accounting records or RACF SMF records to find the date, time, and IP
address someone logged in.

>From RACF Report Writer:
008.066 08:35:02 VMSP   ALTMARKA  SYS1     093C43C3   0  2  0  JOBID=(
00.000 00:00:00)

That's a login at March 6, 2008 at 8:35am from 9.60.67.195.