On Tuesday, 03/11/2008 at 05:03 EDT, Tom West <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But I understand that type 04 accounting record is created only when
> someone tries to logon with incorrect password. Are records created when
> password is correct? If they are how should I set config?

You're right - type 04s are only created for incorrect passwords.  Sorry
for the confusion.

I suppose the easiest way, if your ESM doesn't do it for you, is to
connect to the z/VM 5.3 *VMEVENT system service and listen for LOGONs and
LOGOFFs.  When you connect, you'll receive a list of users who are already
logged on, so you can "catch up".

*VMEVENT gives you other interesting events, including:
- a user has tripped the 15 minute self destruct timer
- a user has cancelled the self destruct
- user has loaded a disabled wait PSW
- soft abend of the user
- ...

These are events that are not available anywhere else, though you will see
them on the HMC if you're using it to monitor virtual machine status. (The
HMC can do the same things to a virtual machine it can do to an LPAR,
including monitoring with notification.)