Since aluminum and copper have gone up in value in the last few years (due to increased demand by developing economies), I would think that any scrape metal dealer would jump at the chance to take these cables off of your hands....

Tom Duerbusch wrote:
We are cutting up a bunch of old bus and tag cables that have been
under the machine room floor in order to pull them out a little more
easily.

The blue ones don't seem to be made of copper.  Lots of plastic and a
little aluminum.

When others have dumped their old bus and tag cables, what did you do
with them? Did any recycling business care to take them?

Is there any type of "green" initiative, that might dispose of them
in a "earth friendly" manor?

Tom Duerbusch THD Consulting (making an attempt to keep them out of a
land fill)

--
DJ

V/Soft
  z/VM and mainframe Linux expertise, training,
  consulting, and software development
www.vsoft-software.com