Hi Kris,

I now have also a FORMAT EXEC, which rejects to format certain minidisks, such as MAINT 191, MAINT CF1 and so on. Other thing which has happened to me, was to shutdown the wrong of two VMs at 11am. Since then I disable with AUTOLOG1 the CP SHUTDOWN at IPL and have an exec, which checks if the VSE systems are logoff, otherwise it does no shutdown.

kind regards
Franz Josef Pohlen

Kris Buelens schrieb:
I did the same 25 years ago: at 10PM, just before starting the 1h
drive home, quickly added a new userid to please the customer, wanted
to format this new 191 and entered FORMAT 191 Z....  used to the
prompts that always come one enters YES...    Needless to say I wasn't
home around 11PM

But, since then I've got a FORMAT EXEC on my tools disk that gives a
very different message when formatting a minidisks that can be
ACCESSed.