mhhh the cms pipe version looks good, too bad i did not knew about that
one before i wrote my exec... :-)

Cheers, Stefan

Stefan Raabe
19.03.2008 08:32

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: MONWRITE files

I collect these records for CPU statistics:

ddrr (domain / record)     :     00**
ddrr (domain / record)     :     01**
ddrr (domain / record)     :     0403
ddrr (domain / record)     :     0404

For storage i think you need to add some record types from Domain 3.

The CP monitor records can be found here:

http://www.vm.ibm.com/pubs/ctlblk.html

I had to include domain 0 and 1 because we also get the number of CPUs out
of
them, and - if i remember correctly,  i had to include some control
information too
because MXG was not able to import the data without these control
information.

If you are interested in the exec, please let me know. at least it can be
taken
as a sample how to extract the monitoring data, it was a bit of a puzzling
work because i did not find a documentation about the monwrite file
format,
i had to find out by myself how the logical monitor records are physically
organized.

Regards, Stefan

"Hamilton, Brian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
18.03.2008 14:10
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: MONWRITE files

Hi Stefan,

* the old file is read by a rexx procedure and only a subset of the
monitoring records are selected from
it building a new file (about 10% of the original size), this reduced file
is then send to z/OS by ftp for reporting.

I‘d be interested in what this rexx is extracting.  Our intent is to
produce reports on CPU and memory usage and I agree the data is huge.

Thanks

Brian