Hi Berry and Mike,

Your pipe commands appear to have worked.  After issuing them this is
what I see:

CP2KVMXT VMARC    A1                  V    80       2629       53
3/26/08 14:55
MONVIEW  VMARC    A1                  V    80        756       16
3/26/08 14:53

For the below file, I issued the following command and the vmarc module
went from a size of 81XX to 13464:

PIPE < vmarc module a | deblcok cms | > vmarc module a:

VMARC    MODULE   A1                  V 13464          3        4
3/26/08 13:20

Does this look right now?

Thank you for all your help,

Alyce

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Berry van Sleeuwen
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 2:45 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: MONWRITE files

Hello Alyce,

As Mike said, looks like a upload error.

I guess these are from the IBM VM packages, in that case upload to VM in

binary mode, Recfm fixed and lrecl 80.

If you can't upload with specifing recordlayout you also can upload in
binary and use the PIPE FBLOCK to restore the correct layout. (Upload
binary and next issue 'PIPE < MONVIEW VMARC A | FBLOCK 80 00 | > NEWFILE

VMARC A') I use this because my ftp client doesn't provide the
recordlayout so I end up with 8K blocks instead of fixed 80 byte
records. BTW, perhaps you can use this also on the files you now already

have on your mindisk.

These files usually hold more than one file. I assume, based on the
console messages, that only a part of the files (monview script and
cp2kvmxt exec) is now on disk. At some point, either at the end of a
record or at the end of a file invalid data is found. So delete the
files that were unpacked, upload the VMARC files again and unpack again.

Regards, Berry.