Alyce,

In cases like this it has (to the best of my knowledge) always been an
download/upload problem.
- Download the files with LRECL and RECFM, and ASCII or BIN as the site
requests.
- When uploading the files to your VM system, do so carefully following
the instructions from the site where they came.

Often they require LRECL 80 RECFM F, sometimes LRECL 1024 RECFM F, and
other times whatever the author specified when they packed them with
VMARC.  It depends...  :-)

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
Any opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not necessarily
represent the opinions or policies of Hewitt Associates.

"Austin, Alyce (CIV)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
03/26/2008 04:06 PM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: MONWRITE files

Hello,

When I issue the following vmarc commands in preparation for the monwrite
procedures,
this is what I get:

vmarc unpk monview vmarc a
MONVIEW  SCRIPT   A1. Bytes in=     11776, bytes out=      6168 (    52%).
Invalid header for compacted file.
Ready(00008); T=0.01/0.01 13:38:10
vmarc unpk cp2kvmxt vmarc a
CP2KVMXT EXEC     A1. Bytes in=     17652, bytes out=    152800 (   865%).
Invalid header for compacted file.
Ready(00008); T=0.05/0.05 13:38:30

I assume that the correct files were created; that is, ?monview script?
and ?cp2kvmxt exec?
even though I got an invalid header after issuing the commands.  Is this
the case?

Thanks,
Alyce