Richard,
You could lose any existing CP dump files that are still in SPOOL when
you reallocate.  AFAIK, VMDUMP files go on regular SPOOL volumes, so
they shouldn't be affected.  If the existing dump volumes are becoming
regular SPOOL volumes, with the same volsers and slots, I would expect
existing dumps to be intact.  If you keep your dump volsers the same,
but move them to new slots, you'll lose the pointers to the dump files.

Just make sure you SPXTAPE or DUMPLOAD existing dumps before you shut
down, and you'll be fine.

                                                       Dennis O'Brien

"No government deprives its citizens of rights without asserting that
its actions are "reasonable" and "necessary" for high-sounding reasons
such as "public safety." A right that can be regulated is no right at
all, only a temporary privilege dependent upon the good will of the very
government officials that such right is designed to constrain. --
Herbert W. Titus and William J. Olson, attorneys for Gun Owners of
America