________________________________

        From: The IBM z/VM Operating System
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Hodge, Robert L
        Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 1:47 PM
        To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
        Subject: Re: CPOWNED Devices

        I've renamed spool volumes several times, four or more years
ago, but a force start was required. I don't recall whether it was
VM/ESA or z/VM. I would recommend a spool backup before attempting it.
And if it is for a production system, then schedule enough time to
reload spool, if necessary.