> Several years ago all hiring managers and above were required to attend
> classes on recruiting and hiring the best people.  One class dealt with
> "avoiding the future workplace troublemaker".  They handed out a list of
> "personality traits to avoid" that almost perfectly described a typical
> I.T. person.  Couldn't keep a straight face the rest of the day, but the
> pizza and beer sure tasted good that night.

Catherine,

  Speaking of pizza and beer, I got my first lesson on VM Paging at
  the local pub here in Peoria.  I was 23 years old and was drinking
  beer and eating pizza, imagine that!  The IBM SE ended up drawing
  some pictures on the back of a bar napkin so I could understand it.
  Then a few days later he gave me this document   THE PAGING GAME

     http://baetzler.de/humor/paging_game.html

  I sure learned a lot at Sully's Irish Pub back in my bachelor days!

Ed Zell
Illinois Mutual Life
(309) 636-0107
.

CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you receive this e-mail in error, notify
the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.