You don't. Virtual Reserve/Release emulates the real reserve and release
CCWs when you have two guests in the same LPAR sharing an O/S or VSE
disk. Real R/R would be of no help in that instance because it applies
at the control unit level and reserves the device to an LPAR or, if
running in basic mode on a pre z9 system, a physical machine. Any access
from that same LPAR or machine is allowed. That is why Virtual R/R is
needed when there are multiple guests sharing the same disk.

Regards,
Richard Schuh