On Friday, 05/09/2008 at 10:39 EDT, Adam Thornton
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Take a look at how the secure option is done with SSLSERV.
>
> I don't actually know that this will work with arbitrary programs (and
> a thorough reading of the manual may prove that it won't), but....if
> you AUTOLOG SSLSERV and add SECURE CERTNAME to the end of the inetd-
> equivalent entry in PROFILE TCPIP (something like:
>
> 992    TCP TUBES    SECURE MYCERT NOAUTOLOG

It works with any arbitrary program where all connections are initiated by
the client prior to sending any protocol data.

If you had a non-secure web server, simply:
   80   TCP MYWEB
  443   TCP MYWEB SECURE MYCERT

Et voila!  A secure web server.

And it is true that The Alan never sleeps.  He waits.  He watches.  He
pounces.