I don't know one way or the other, but what about IBM's PVM?

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Tim Joyce
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2008 8:13 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: VM TCP/IP Secure Telnet

I think the problem is, TUBES really is taking control of port 23. One
of the procedures to setup TUBES telnet, is to take (comment) out the
PORT 23 statement from PROFILE TCPIP. So, there is no way of letting
TCPIP know that port 23 is a SECURE port. I think the fact that Macro4
says secure telnet IS NOT supported, indicates secure telnet will not
work.

I think we have figured out a way around this. We have a limited number
of users required to be PCI compliant, so we are planning to have them
secure telnet directly to the VSE machine (using CSI TCPIP for VSE
secure telnet) and then cross domain to VM TUBES. Not exactly ideal, but
the goal is to keep the users in familiar territory. They are used to
TUBES! There are many scripts set up in TUBES that automatically signon
CMS and CICS and take end users directly to applications etc...

Macro 4 indicated it does not plan to add support for secure telnet in
the future! Whatever happened to supporting the customer anyway! If
TUBES cannot grow with the needs of the customer, I think we will
eventually need to move away from TUBES.

Thanks for the responses,

Tim