> I have used it and it works fine, as with a lot of IBM's stuff the
setup
> is a little complicated, but maybe no worse than anyone elses.
>
> What I don't know is if it works with SSL..

PVM doesn't have any direct IP terminal interface (you have to do the
DIAL PVM hack in the telnet server exit), but if that's OK, it certainly
tolerates SSL wrapped sessions just fine. It doesn't work anything like
TUBES, though, and you'd have to redo all your macros. The IBM product
that used to be "TUBES-like" was Netview/Access Services, but I don't
think that's still available (it also required CMS VSAM, which isn't
supported or available any longer).

PVM also has the downside of not being easily licensable on IFLs at the
moment. The VM guys might be about to do something about that, but at
the moment, getting PVM for an IFL install is a lengthy and somewhat
complicated process. It's also not cheap.