From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Rob van der Heij
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 9:17 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Extension of MAINT 190 (S-DISK)

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 2:47 PM, Fox Blue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> OK thank you, correct. But then I would like to extend the question
> with regard of the Y-Disk. Is a simple CMS copy enough or is special
> attention

Since the Y-disk FST's are also kept in the CMS NSS, you need to save
CMS again when you modify the 19E disk.

PS I believe other installations have also concluded that flexibility
with the 19E is more important than saving a few bytes on FST's and
modified SYSPROF not to complain about the non-shared YSTAT. When you
frequently change things on the 19E and have to save CMS often as well,
you end up with more "pending purge" copies of the NSS and that cost is
not justified by the savings.

Rob