In a previous life, we consistenly modified SYSPROF EXEC
to conditionally access 319 and 31A (and 19F).  If they were missing:
no prob, and no error.  But most users got them.  We then plunked
various third party packages (or stubs) onto these disks.

The value of this was that users might trash their PROFILE EXEC
(which users are prone to do on any platform) and still get our
standard disks, and yet these "standard disks" were not in DCSS
so that small changes were much easier, as Mike Coffin suggested.