I don't think that IBM has announced the ability for z/VM to update its
clock on the fly with input from an STP/NTP service. SLES10, however, can

use an external NTP source to update its own clock (separate from the z/V
supervisor). I do this because our hobbit server will complain (softly bu
complain) when my z/VM based linux systems are 3 seconds different from t
he
network source that the hobbit server got its time from.

/Tom Kern